We entered the historic city centre of Bassano del Grappa on the Ponte Degli Alpini, a covered wooden pontoon bridge designed by the architect Andrea Palladio in 1569. It was destroyed several times in its history and last rebuilt by the Alpini (Alpine Soldiers) in 1948.
Looking north - to the hills leading up to the Alps - from the Ponte Degli Alpini, which spans the Brenta.
Again - another day of beautiful weather.
The 8-room Poli Grappa Museum, housed in a 15th century building, traces the origins and evolution of the distillation over the centuries of northern Italy's "potent" white brandy.
A mini bottles collection of grappa brandies and liqueurs.
(blog entries by Heidi Hutson)